Wondering where to eat at Yellowstone? There’s a lot of natural beauty to explore, but even a mountain man needs good food now and then. There are several dining options inside the park and even more in nearby West Yellowstone, Montana, which is just a mile from the West Entrance to Yellowstone National Park.
Old Faithful Area Dining
There are several places to eat inside the park itself, but none are as classically “Yellowstone” as the Old Faithful Inn Lodge. Here, in a rustic cabin atmosphere, you can sample everything from steak and potatoes, to fine wine, to Alaskan halibut. Budget meals are available at the Old Faithful Inn Bear Paw Deli or the Cafeteria. If you’re stopping by for a hot coffee or an ice cream cone, come to the Old Faithful Inn Bakery & Gift Shop.
Grant Village Dining
In Grant Village, you can dine at the Lake House Restaurant (offering upscale dining, with a view of Yellowstone Lake) or at the Grant Village Dining Room. Reservations are accepted at both restaurants by calling 866-GEYSERLAND (866-439-7375). Sunrise and sunset are particularly fine times to dine in this area. *Open seasonally, summer only
Yellowstone Lake Dining
With a cafeteria, a deli, and a hotel dining room, this area offers several eateries suited to any taste or budget.
Roosevelt Lodge Dining
If you’re looking for a truly unforgettable experience, reserve a spot on an Old West Dinner Cookout. You can ride out to dinner by chartered horse or take a wagon ride to a traditional cowboy steak dinner with all the fixings, cooked over a campfire. One and two-hour horse rides to the Old West Dinner Cookout and cowboy song performance are available. In the area, you’ll also find a traditional style restaurant, if you’re looking for something more traditional.
Mammoth Hot Springs Dining
If you’re looking for upscale dining in a casual atmosphere, you’ll enjoy the Mammoth Hotel Dining Room. You can order to go breakfast or lunch so you can take it on the trail with you. Mammoth Terrace Grill offers fast dining options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. *Open summer and winter
Canyon Village Dining
You can find everything from sandwiches and salads to fine dining at Canyon Village. There is a Deli, a Cafeteria, and a Dining Room in Canyon Village.
West Yellowstone Dining
Situated just outside the West entrance to the park, West Yellowstone offers a wide range of dining options you can’t find inside the park. Many visitors choose to stay in hotels here since there are so many amenities. From coffee houses, to chuck wagon dinners, to fine dining, to friendly bars, West Yellowstone dining offers something for everyone. There are several attractions in West Yellowstone that make this a prime location to stay.
Dining in West Yellowstone
Don’t let the park gates stop you from exploring the town of West Yellowstone, Montana. Located just outside the West gate to Yellowstone National Park, West Yellowstone offers visitors a wider range of activities and dining options than they’ll find inside the park itself. Bear World is a top attraction here, as is the live theater and affordable hotels. Come hang your hat in West Yellowstone and grab some grub at one of these restaurants.
- Old Town Cafe–family-owned and managed for three generations. They serve a variety of American food (and great Bloody Mary’s).
- Gusher Pizza and Sandwich Shoppe –pizza, salads, burgers, sandwiches. Pub and casino. Delivery is free.
- Mocha Mamma’s—coffee house and bakery.
- Tea Tao’s & Sushi Bar—located in Tao’s Inn, this noodle, sushi, and teahouse offers tasty Chinese food.
- Arrowleaf Ice Cream Parlor & Grill
- Buffalo Bar & Casino
- The Branch—creative American food with a twist and a full bar.
- Bullwinkles Saloon and Eatery—come here for steak, local trout, salad, appetizers, homemade deserts, and a full beer and wine menu.
- Canyon Street Grill—fine dining in casual style.
- Pete’s Rocky Mountain Pizza—pasta, salads, and other Italian food, with a fine selection of beer and wine.
- Ernie’s Bakery and Deli
- Three Bear Restaurant—famous for their chicken, steaks, and carryout meals, this is down home cooking at its best.
- Hi Country Tavern & Grill
- Wild West Pizzeria & Saloon
- Trapper’s Restaurant—open for breakfast only.
- Running Bear Pancake House—breakfast, lunch, and dinner served daily, including hamburgers, fresh cut turkey sandwiches, and specialty pancakes.
- Serenity Bistro—made with all fresh ingredients daily, this vegan restaurant offers soups, salads, and vegan entrees with locally sourced ingredients.
You can also find clean rooms and affordable lodging in West Yellowstone, Montana at several quality hotels and motels.Contact us today!